Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Words Make Me Smile

My sister in law has been blogging more.  She blogs often about the funny things my niece and nephews say and do.  I love reading them.   I'm so happy we had children around the same time.  Callie and Flora are six days apart.  Ellie and Scout are about four weeks apart.  Toby and Timber are nine months apart.  I feel like we parent similar, too, so anytime we get to hang out it is always always fun.  We both wish Kansas City wasn't so far from Fort Worth, but I'm glad she's writing on her blog more, so I can keep up with her family silliness.  Stef, here are some silly sayings from your nieces.  


For how little Ellie is, she tends to have long prayers. She talks slow and in a tiny voice, but I love listening to her talk to God. This was one of her lunch prayers awhile back:

Dear Jesus, 
Thank you for this food.  Thank you for Aunt Joy, thank you for Uncle Shane, thank you for God, thank you for apples.  Thank you for big apples, thank you for little apples, thank you for big apples for Callie, thank you for big apples for Ellie, thank you for big apples for mommy.  AMEN. 

And another:

Dear God, thank you for God.  Thank you for Daddy.  Thank you for Daddy fixing the water, because the water won't work, but Daddy fixed it.  Thank you for Daddy work. Keep him safe.  Thank you for Daddy catching bad guys.  Thank you for BSF. Thank you for Ellie. Thank you for mommy.  Thank you for Callie. Thank you for Toby.  Amen.  

(She always thanks God for God.  I love it). 

And this little conversation with Elliott and pronouns made me laugh:

Ellie: Mommy, I want to watch the toy ponies.  
Me: It's called My Little Ponies.
Ellie: oh, I want to watch your Little Ponies. 

More funny sayings from Callie:

Callie: Ellie, you be the maker, and I'll be the eater! 

Callie: (looking at brussel sprouts) These are like little lettuce balls. 









1 comment:

Stefanie said...

haha....I especially like the My Little Pony one. I never thought about how that might sound to them. :-)